Special Parents of Teaneck (SPOT), a 501(c)3 not-for-profit corporation, is an organization that works to ensure that children with disabilities lead rich, active lives and participate as full members of the schools and community of Teaneck, New Jersey.
Our Mission is...
- To ensure effective, appropriate learning environments for all of Teaneck’s special needs children
- To enhance the family-school partnership in special education and to facilitate access to services
- To facilitate active participation and acceptance of children with disabilities in the community
- To educate, support and mentor parents as they advocate for their child’s special education needs
- To provide opportunities for families to support each other and share information